DR GERHARD PIENAAR
FELLOWSHIP TRAINED HIP AND KNEE SURGERY
As a Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dr Pienaar treats and manages various conditions of the lower limb, knee and hip joint. His niche lies in joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee joint, arthroscopy as well as management of sports injuries and general trauma. As a part of the osseointegration team of SA, Dr Pienaar also specialises in osseointegration surgeries for amputees to allow for direct skeletal attachment of prosthetic limbs.
With his practice based at Mediclinic Stellenbosch, Dr Pienaar uses 3D printed models to plan and simulate complex surgeries, offering his patients only the highest quality care to ease pain and enhance mobility for improved quality of life.
Management and surgical treatment:
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Revision surgery for joint replacements
- Arthroscopy of the hip or knee
- Sports injuries
- Management of trauma & fractures
- Limb reconstruction & deformity correction
- Osseointegration surgery for amputees
- Management of non-union
- Treatment of bone infections